About the role
Great State is lucky to have some really interesting clients across a wide range of industries, such as the Royal Navy, Honda Europe, The UN Refugee Agency, the Ministry of Defence, and others.
Working with a range of technology platforms, most of which are based upon .NET and Azure, we also work with Java – in particular, Adobe Experience Manager is an area of growth for us.
We are looking for someone with experience working with enterprise-level software and smaller-scale solutions alike. You’ll need to have experience working with content management systems – Sitecore, Umbraco and AEM primarily. Systems integration experience is really important.
The ability to solve problems you may not have encountered before in a considered, intelligent manner is a must.
You will need to have up-to-date software engineering skills – this role will be a combination of hands-on and architectural work – and we’d expect you to be leading by example when it comes to software engineering best practice. Someone who can lead a project, lead a team, and influence both other members of the engineering team and our clients to make sure we’re delivering scalable, high-quality solutions.
Day to day, we’d expect you to be carrying out the below activities as part of your job:
- Line managing approximately 3 other members of the engineering team
- Mentoring and supporting your team, as well as the wider engineering team
- Contributing to the wider effort to improve quality and ways of working in the engineering team
- Writing code, either as part of working on a project or features & fixes for BAU
- Writing code in Java, C# and front-end languages as needed
- Be our subject matter expert for Adobe Experience Manager
- Peer reviewing code
- Producing prototype / proof-of-concept work
- Identifying appropriate technical solutions for clients and documenting them in technical design documents (where required)
- Keeping up to date with Sitecore, Umbraco and Adobe Experience Manager in terms of latest developments and features
- Keeping up to date with cloud technology (primarily Azure, AWS) and the architectural possibilities with those platforms
- Helping to improve ways of working within the team – across all areas
We would expect the role to be 60% hands-on, with the remainder of the time split between line management and architecture work.
- .NET (primarily in a web context)
- Content management systems (Sitecore, Umbraco, Adobe Experience Manager)
- Adobe Experience Manager - specific experience:
- Classic UI / Touch UI components
- Operations (e.g. dispatcher configuration, scalability)
- Multi-language / multi-site
- Systems integration
- Enterprise architecture patterns (e.g. SoA, microservices)
- Enterprise security
- Azure (e.g. web apps, service bus, function apps)
Bonus points if you also have specific experience with:
- Salesforce integration
- Payment gateway integration
- Sitecore commerce
- Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum)
- Modern SPA frameworks (e.g. React)
- SAP integration
- AWS, GCP
We offer all the usual fun benefits associated with a digital agency plus flexible working hours, the ability to work from home and 27 days holiday, plus bank holidays. We welcome fresh opinions and strive for an inclusive environment.
If this role suits you down to a tee, apply now. No agencies please.
Great State is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women and individuals with disabilities.