About the role
We are looking for someone with experience as a Technical Architect or Senior Technical Lead looking for the next step up.
We are looking for someone with experience as a Technical Architect or Senior Technical Lead looking for the next step up. You will be expected to have experience of working with complex enterprise-level software and smaller-scale solutions alike. You’ll need to have experience working with content management systems as well as a range of technology platforms, most of which are based upon .NET and Azure.
You will have the opportunity to lead a team of software engineers to deliver exciting digital products and services for really interesting clients across a wide range of industries, such as the Royal Navy, Honda Motor Europe, The UN Refugee Agency, the Ministry of Defence, and others.
The ability to solve problems you may not have encountered before in a considered, intelligent manner is a must.
Day-to-day, we’d expect you to be carrying out the below activities as part of your job:
- Line managing approximately three other members of the engineering team
- Mentoring and supporting your team, as well as the wider engineering team
- Contributing to the wider effort to improve quality and ways of working in the engineering team
- Writing code, either as part of working on a project or features & fixes for BAU
- Writing code in C#, Java and front-end languages as needed
- Peer reviewing code
- Producing prototype / proof-of-concept work
- Identifying appropriate technical solutions for clients and documenting them in technical design documents (where required)
- Keeping up to date with Sitecore, Umbraco and Adobe Experience Manager in terms of latest developments and features
- Keeping up to date with cloud technology (primarily Azure, AWS) and the architectural possibilities with those platforms
- Helping to improve ways of working within the team – across all areas
- We would expect the role to be 60% hands-on, with the remainder of the time split between line management and architecture work.
We need you to be comfortable with the below technology:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Broad experience and expertise in a range of technologies and platforms
- .NET (primarily in a web context)
- Experience with content management systems (e.g. Sitecore, Umbraco, Adobe Experience Manager)
- Systems integration
- Enterprise architecture patterns (e.g. SoA, microservices)
- Enterprise security
- Azure (e.g. web apps, service bus, function apps)
Bonus points if you also have specific experience with:
- Salesforce integration
- Payment gateway integration
- Sitecore commerce
- Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum)
- Modern SPA frameworks (e.g. React)
- SAP integration
- AWS, GCP
Tech aside, these characteristics are very important to us:
- Great problem solver
- Enthusiasm for what you do
- Be able to give and receive feedback with an open mind
- Passionate about the quality of the end product
- Have good awareness of industry trends, best practices and standards
- Adaptable at the pace of an agency
- Be able to take on the challenge of learning new tools and frameworks
- To own your place in the team and help to continuously improve the Engineering team for everyone
We offer all the usual fun benefits associated with a digital agency plus flexible working hours, the ability to work from home and 27 days holiday, plus bank holidays. We welcome fresh opinions and strive for an inclusive environment.
If this role suits you down to a tee, apply now. No agencies please.