Great State is looking for a Senior UXer to join our family.
You've got 5+ Years of experience.
You’re an expert in research, design systems, IA, sitemaps, accessibility, logic & user flows.
You love a good set of edge cases, and secretly adore spreadsheets (but you only admit it to your closest friends). You might make a good DM or Product Owner, but your passion to solve hard problems in elegant ways means that's not the life for you.
Work with our Head of UX to lead our team. Bring your passion for getting it just right for users into the work – and through the whole studio. You will be responsible for leading the UX on our biggest projects. You’ll collaborate with clients to show the value a considered UX process brings, and you’ll guide mid-weights in their work to make websites and apps that are done right and really solve the users’ (and clients’) needs.
Skills and Responsibilities
You understand pitch theatre and storytelling, you nail which key points need landing to meet the brief and you're great at choosing what to visualise and how in a deck.
Collaborate with clients
- Speak directly with the client to sell in solves, build requirements and agree on the work output
- Sets out ways of working with clients and knows how to manage expectation
- You know when we are boiling the ocean, or promising the moon on a stick, or using a sledgehammer to crack a nut, or when our metaphors are stretched too far
- Sensible approach on where to spend our effort to give the maximum to end users and client businesses
User Centred Design
You champion the user with everyone on the project. You know how to design and run research, you understand what the findings mean – and the implications on creating a great solution. More importantly, you know when to use your own judgement. You're not led solely by the data. You can devise smart new solutions and validate them too.
- Responsible for the vision, execution and final quality of large-scale projects
- Map out and manage the tasks and ways of working to phase a project properly and bring it home smoothly, in collaboration with Delivery Managers, Tech Leads and Creatives.
- Day-to-day management of the UX tasks on one or more projects.
- Champion quality, with meticulous attention to detail and polished execution in the work
- Maintain clean, organised and easy to understand project documentation and output
- Design and lead workshops
Build skills and Great State's culture
- Work with Head of UX on internal projects to improve how we work smarter and serve clients better
- Development and mentoring of more junior UX practitioners
- An eye for a great candidate in interviewing for skills and values
Bonus – If you can do this too, you’re perfect for this!
- Confident building design systems and governance Figma
- Working knowledge of GDS, building Alphas and transitioning into Beta
- Happy in building out Service design and drawing out Experience Maps
- Making clickable prototypes to test out user journeys and show clients our thinking
Please complete all fields unless stated as optional.