Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Bristol, England, United Kingdom, London, England, United Kingdom
About the role
We are on the lookout for a talented and enthusiastic Quality Assurance Engineer, to join the Quality Assurance team. You need to be ambitious, passionate about quality, have an analytical mind, good communication skills, plenty of experience of manual testing and any automated testing experience would be a bonus.
We work with a wide range of clients – the Royal Navy, Honda, Orange, and many other leading global brands – and an even wider range of technology.
We need someone with experience working with enterprise-level software and smaller-scale solutions alike. Experience integrating systems is important, ability to solve problems you may not have encountered before in a considered, intelligent manner. You must also be a self-driven individual who is able to organise their time effectively and demonstrate a flexible but methodical approach.
Day to day, we’d expect you to be carrying out the below activities as part of your job:
- Executing manual and automated tests
- Identify and report defects in a timely and efficient manner.
- Feeding into estimates for projects
- Communicating complex scenarios and outcomes to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Solving interesting problems of all shapes and sizes
- Preparing and maintaining test documentation, scripts, and data in line with product functionality
- Quickly analyse and understand application requirements and functionality.
- Work in a timely manner under pressure, whilst maintaining a high quality of work.
We need you to be comfortable with the below:
- Have an excellent understanding of testing principles and methodologies
- Comfortable carrying out both manual and automated UI and API testing
- Good understanding of accessibility and SEO guidelines and best practice
- Good understanding of contemporary software architecture approaches
- Experience of testing within an Agile delivery team
- Mobile / web application testing
Bonus points if you also have specific experience with:
- Configuring automated testing tools (e.g., Selenium, Cypress)
- Understanding of security best practice and approaches to testing, in line with industry standards and guidelines (e.g., NCSC, OWASP)
- Performance/Load testing tools (e.g., JMeter)
Tech aside, these characteristics are very important to us:
- Great problem solver
- Enthusiasm for what you do
- Be able to give and receive feedback with an open mind
- Passionate about the quality of the end product
- Have good awareness of industry trends, best practices and standards
- Adaptable at the pace of an agency
- Be able to take on the challenge of learning new tools and frameworks
- To own your place in the team and help to continuously improve the engineering team for everyone
We offer all the usual fun benefits associated with a digital agency plus flexible working hours, the ability to work from home and 27 days holiday, plus bank holidays. We welcome fresh opinions and strive for an inclusive environment.
If this role suits you down to a tee, apply now. No agencies please.
Please complete all fields unless stated as optional.