About the role
You’ll work deliver real impact with world-leading clients through exciting, innovative strategic thinking. Whatever challenge you’re working on (digital product/experience, campaign, or organisational transformation) you’d need to look at things differently, challenge the obvious and bring fresh and unique thinking to solve the problem. The outputs will need to demonstrate a great level of future ambition for the agency and for clients, stretching clients beyond their comfort levels to inspire a a braver digital future for their brands and for their business Drawing on your understanding of macro trends, new technologies and ways of working you be able to proactively create and convert opportunities with new and existing clients, as well as have the skills to turn that vision into a reality - building the case for investment and taking people on that journey with you. Whilst the role will sit in the strategy team, collaboration is key to this role and you’ll be working closely with other strategists, data/digital analysts, technical architects, developers, account delivery teams as well as with multiple client stakeholders. We’d be looking for you to support across our full breadth of clients including The Royal Navy, The Army, Honda Europe, Spirax Sarco, and Orange to name a few, as well as being an central role on acquiring new equally exciting clients. We’d also be looking to you to help grow our reputation as an agency by regularly contributing to our thought leadership programme. As such you’ll have an opinion on all things digital and be comfortable sharing these across high profile platforms. Great State is an ambitious independent digital agency of 85 and growing – with offices in both Bristol and London. This role can be based in our Bristol or London offices (although you will need to be able to between offices regularly).
The role in detail
- Contribute to leadership teams across key accounts – helping identify key opportunities to drive client value and turn them into a strategic agenda for the client.
- Proactively create and convert new revenue opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Scope programmes of work with clients, providing strategic direction and leadership.
- Lead our discovery process – drawing on, and providing direction to, the collective resources (research, data, engineering etc) across the agency.
- Undertake or commission primary research as needed.
- Work collaboratively with creative, user experience and tech teams throughout the lifetime of the project to ensure deliverables are in line with strategic direction and deliver the ROI.
- Provide strategic direction in new business pitches.
- Consider ‘new’ ways to approach consistent strategic challenges, developing models/frameworks for use across the team and implementing new strategic tools.
- Help package ‘strategic products’ to sell to new and existing clients – working with Experience and Engineering to define and communicate.
- Manage/support other more junior members of the strategy team.
Who we think you are
We believe that no Strategist is the same, and as a result we recruit from a broad spectrum of backgrounds, but there are several skills we are looking for to meet our perfect colleague:
- You’ll already be established as a senior strategist/planner or consultant with proven experience of delivering commercial results based on great insight and strategic direction – and be looking to take a step up into a ‘lead’ role.
- Be a provocative thinker and innovative problem solver – able to inspire senior clients.
- Be a digital enthusiast with a proactive desire to keep well versed on new digital trends and technologies and how to best implement them to get results.
- You’ll always have an opinion (but are able to express it ever-so-charmingly!), with excellent verbal and written communication – able to construct your views and opinions into a compelling argument.
- Have exceptional senior client handling skills - you’re believable and authoritative.
- Customer research experience (qualitative and quantitative) at both implementation and management levels.
- Have experience of leading/mentoring more junior team members.
Working at Great State
We’re a growing strategically led digital agency of 85 – with offices in both Bristol and London. We offer our staff some great benefits and if you come and join us, you’ll enjoy:
- Working in a collaborative, honest environment where everyone is encouraged to have a voice no matter what their position
- 20 days holiday – PLUS we usually shut down for roughly 2 weeks over Christmas
- A dedicated training budget – we’re keen to see you progress as quickly as possible. If you have the passion and drive to success, we’ll support you.
- A contributory pension
- Plenty of nights out on the company credit card!