About the role
This is a pivotal role within our analytics team, and wider strategy department. For the right person, it’s an opportunity to play an important role in developing our analytics solutions, as well as being instrumental in delivering expert analytical insight that drives real measurable improvement for our clients.
The role will require you to deliver regular and ad hoc analysis, define ways to measure client’s business needs, use explorative analysis to open up new analytical direction, and optimise client’s sites through a structured test and learn approach. To succeed, you will need to be able to demonstrate the separation between simply reporting on and actually analysing the data, with the ability to produce digestible, client-facing reports that deliver actionable insight.
You will be a Google Analytics expert; able to manipulate raw data into client reports across a variety of sources; provide commentary and actionable insight for client reports; have a good understanding of CRO principals and be able to present this back to clients in a clear, easy to understand way.
- Work with strategists to: define business needs; design analysis to answer these; collaborate to turn analysis into actionable insights and recommendations across a wide range of industries and digital products.
- Use different analytics tools to provide a complete picture of user engagement - across digital campaigns, websites, email, social and apps, and additional business data.
- Produce digestible client facing data reports/analysis with actionable insights and recommendations.
- Work alongside our UX consultants to hypothesise how to improve our client’s products, and then implement them within a CRO program of work.
- Be able to provide a comprehensive understanding of digital activity measurement and metrics and share that learning - what’s possible to measure, what it represents, limitations of metrics etc.
- Work with the technical teams to ensure appropriate tracking is in place for any new development and is updated regularly to reflect changes in tracking or business needs.
- Stay up to date on trends and new developments (and the opportunities they offer our clients) in data, analysis, CRO and champion both internally and with clients.
Our ideal candidate is likely to currently be working as a digital/web analyst agency side with the following experience:
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience working within digital analytics, across Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and A/B testing tools.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience delivering against different reporting requirements, from dashboards to investigative analysis and insight reporting.
- Experience of pulling together measurement frameworks tailored to each client.
- Designing and implementing tagging and tracking on web and mobile platforms.
- A good understanding of the principals behind CRO and how to run A/B and MTV tests.
- Can demonstrate the separation between simply reporting on and actually analysing the data and producing client facing actionable insight.
- Are confident justifying analysis internally and to clients, with strong communication skills across differing levels of technical understanding (from developers to clients).
- Excel and Google Data Studio is preferred while experience of Tableau, Adobe, Sitecore Analytics or SQL is desired.
- An understanding of the digital landscape and have enthusiasm for new tools and methodologies that will help produce great work for their clients.
You will love our relaxed working environment at the Paintworks, in the creative quarter of Bristol. We offer all the usual fun benefits associated with a digital agency plus flexible working hours, the ability to work from home, an achievable performance related bonus and 27 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
We are a sociable bunch whether we are cycling as a group, popping to the bar or attending an event together. We also welcome fresh opinions and strive for an inclusive environment.
If this role is you to a tee, apply now.
Great State is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women and individuals with disabilities.